Barkston Vid Clip

Guest Busa Rush

Guest salty_monk

Jon,

You can get a good 90 or so MPH on Barkston, be surprised if that Dax hadn't touched 100 somewhere on the track.

I've done some long track stuff too, Barkston is just different. Better atmosphere.

Fastest I've been on track is on Goodwood, 130 ish in a Cobra big block V8 replica, that thing was a monster, shame they wouldn't let me out in it on my own! (Although I was the only one who got it to wag it's tail a bit that day... :) got told off for racing the mini cooper S's (new ones) on their instructor laps )

Nothing I've done so far beats Barkston for £$£ to :D for definite...

:)

Guest Petemate

Dan - I seem to remember that Dave thought he had got to about 95 on that back straight a few times, but he admits that he was rather involved in watching the track!!.....

Pete

Guest docter fox

90 :o I dont think I got anywhere near that but I have to admit not looking at the speedo at all...

I take it you mean on the straight before the last bend? how fast were others getting? :wub:

Guest chris brown
You can get a good 90 or so MPH on Barkston,
I don’t think there are many pinto powered Hoods that will get anywhere near that speed but it as Dan says its the most :D for £ you will get. Even if you do run out of brakes on that last tight corner Dan :p :p

Guest salty_monk

It's a decision point for defo... you either go round or you don't... not a place to mess about!

The Fiesta could get about 70 on that straight, I remember getting about 80 in my RH & saw Dave's speedo hit about 85 on the passenger lap I did with him in his car.

:)

Guest Busa Rush

my speedo is pretty well bang on... i think the best i managed down the last straight was just over 90... but then i really didn't want to look too much

it would need some serious power ..a good exit speed from that last chicane... and some sticky slicks to be able to slow down enough to get near the magic 100.. without ending up like a xmas decoration on the fence at the bottom!

:wacko: :wacko:

Guest John Walton

That last corner is even more fun in the rain.

Went honking into it at the Plum Pudding meeting just before Christmas.

Driving a brand new company demonstrator, 205 BHP Duratec R6.

If not for sodding great brakes and a bit of practice I would now be looking for a new job.

Note to self;

"purchase double strength underpants if in the same position again"

• 2 weeks later...