Inlet Manifold Coolant Take-off

Joel

Hello all,

My inlet manifold came with no take-off for the coolant loop, just a pre-tapped hole. I unscrewed the take-off from the original Ford manifold, but it's far too big (see pic). So, can anyone suggest where I might find the correct sized item for pennies (hopefully), or would it be easier to have the new manifold drilled out larger and re-tapped?

Cheers,

Joel.

Guest Daren.F

I used a gas fire brass elbow, it has the correct thread and a sholder on the other end that helps retain the rubber pipe.

I drilled out the elbow to increase the flow.

Its not the most elegant solution but its free.

A better alternative might be to take the manifold to a plumbers merchant and see what they have got.

Daren

Guest mizurage135

As darren sugested i took my manifold to my local plumers and they did mine to fit 4 about 2 quid, easier than going and guessing what sizes and having to make a few trips

mike

If u totaly stuck will unscew mine and put in post and pick up a new one from my mate in the plumbers merchant

• 2 weeks later...

This is the most stupid design :aggressive: The hole in the manifold for the coolant take off falls directly above the crankcase breather! I have a handful of bends, curves and various unions from the plumbers (as suggested above), but it's impossible to make up something that fits. Grrrrr (it's one of those days :80: )

Can anyone offer a solution?

Cheers.

This is the most stupid design :aggressive: The hole in the manifold for the coolant take off falls directly above the crankcase breather! I have a handful of bends, curves and various unions from the plumbers (as suggested above), but it's impossible to make up something that fits. Grrrrr (it's one of those days :80: )

Can anyone offer a solution?

Cheers.

Hi Mate

try giving burton power a call or motorscope on 01609780155

they usually carry a 90 degree elbow in stock and can post one out.

cheers

C