Coil Over Help Please

Guest woolly

confused by the manufactures and talk on here so help please.

rear coil overs on a 3a shock goes from angle iron to shock bracket on rear of sierra arm.

dimensions are unloaded.

A-B 20mm

B-C 220mm

C-D 215mm

A-D 455mm

spring colour is red and all thought to be original

with the car on the ground spring length is 180mm with a corner weight of 190kg.

the ride from the rear is quite nice to good so thinking the spring rate to be ok (its the front that's a disaster)

was going to do the full set later but just noticed OSR leaking.

thanks for looking

Chris

post-3465-0-68314400-1294919772_thumb.jpg

Guest mower man

If they are RH springs they SHOULD be 180 lb/" if they are orig red they may be also engraved on one end.What probs have you got with the front susp? too stiff?,are you still running the orig roll bar ? more info Imey be able to help regards mower man

about the fronts inclined inboard units with red springs No roll bar there is next to no movement. even on day took the shock end off to see if the linkages had seized.

been meaning to change them just got fed up trying to find or work out what i wanted.

back to the rears whats recomended.

thanks

Guest mower man

about the fronts inclined inboard units with red springs No roll bar there is next to no movement. even on day took the shock end off to see if the linkages had seized.

been meaning to change them just got fed up trying to find or work out what i wanted.

back to the rears whats recomended.

thanks

Looks as if you have got 180 springs on the front ,this was how mine was ,change them to 120/130's you will like the difference ,I believe that too high rate springs are the cause of mono tub cracks mower man :clapping: :good: mower man

yes just had the front welded up.

thanks for the pics Nigel my angle has like a turret so will need to be a bit longer ?

i had a look at the avo page with that part no on still a bit lost, i will look again at the gas site

thanks again

chris