Vauxhall C20Xe Engine Package

steve in stockport

For sale is a C20XE red top engine, with Kawasaki ZX6R carbs on a cut down injection manifold, piper cross sock filters and exhaust manifold.

This engine has come out of my 2B to make way for a Z20LET turbo installation. It is fitted with the correct clutch to mate to the ford type 9 gearbox and has a shortened sump and oil pick up pipe to give ground clearance. I can also include a nearside engine mounting for fitting in a 2B.

The carbs are correctly jetted and when set up on the rolling road this package made 175bhp.

You'll need a bellhousing, an offside engine mounting, something to run the ignition- MBE, megajolt or a distributor, coil and amplifier from an early cavalier or astra.

The engine has had cam belt, rings and bearings and covered 8000 miles in the last two years.

DSCF1318.jpgDSCF1325.jpgDSCF1327.jpgDSCF1328.jpg

DSCF1316.jpg

The whole package for £400, before it goes on ebay next weekend

PM, email steve@rhocar.org or tel 07944 615999

Collection from Stockport or sort out your own courier

Guest Dave Skirrow

If Alan doesn't take this I could be tempted.

I have a megajolt, so aside from the engine mounting and bellhousing, do I need anything to convert my 2b from a pinto to this? Any chassis mods or anything else?

Will it pretty much just drop in? I'm looking for something I can get in quickly without much hassle so the car is back on the road for spring

Dave, have a read of the thread below

link

I'm pretty certain that you'll need to do the front of the plough. you may get away without altering the cross rail as I have changed the fitting on the rear of the head.

Main issue would be the pedals, but I have done it all and am quite happy to pass on the info to anybody who needs it.

Originally the swap took me 7 weeks, but I have helped another member swap from pinto to red top and we had it in and running in 5 days from undoing the first bolt to the new engine firing up.

• 8 months later...
Guest Sevenheaven

really happy with this engine, and wanted to thank Steve for holding onto it for me and for the extras.

All i had to do was clean it up fit a new sump and cam gaskets oh year changed the cam belt as a matter of course.

i had the original cam pulley machined so the outer edge is now a 36-1 trigger wheel for my Megajolt, new mad loaded and off she went. nice simple engine swap.

Really good response / power from the red top with the zx6 carbs fitted.

Thanks again Steve :)