Zero Build Pictures..........

Shaft

Hi all,

Many thanks for all the kind comments regarding my build pics from so many of you.

It means a great deal, more so, coming from more experienced builders than myself.

Anyway, after a few PM's asking if i'm doing a blog off my build (No, i haven't the time or know-how) and a surprising amount of interest in my previous pics, i've uploaded another album of my latest achievements in the build of my Zero.

I have added comments to each picture to explain what or why i'm doing something in the way pictured as i thought this may be of help.

Hopefully someone will find these of assistance, and if so, it makes it a worthwhile little project for me to keep adding pics/comments as i go.

Once again, your comments are more than welcome, especially if you spot errors /mistakes or a complete bleep-up anywhere.

http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss195/s...cs%20part%20II/

Best regards to all,

Nick.

I love the Wilwoods Nick, were they expensive? I want I want I want :clapping:

Hi Daz,

Not too bad i suppose on the grand scale of things. :shok:

I got the calipers, grooved & drilled discs, high spec pads and fitting kit for £340.

That included VAT and P&P.

Ordered them online from Rally Design. :good:

Cheers,

Nick

Great pics...your about the same stage as me. How are you finding the build?

Hi Gray,

It's more enjoyable than i imagined!! :crazy:

Seriously though, i'm finding it a simple process so far (ask me again when i get to the electrics :help: my weak area!)

The basic design and principles behind the kit are spot on in my opinion but i've found that the finess applied to the fit of parts and accuracy used during GBS's manufacturing process are a bit, err.......... slap dash to be polite.

I've spent a lot of time dry fitting and trimming panels to fit nice, re-made a couple from scratch and re-designed the fit of others. I don't think i had too, just wanted too. I'm very finicky!!

Suspension allignment was abismal, as was the diff, so again, a lot of time spent trueing and spacing it all.

That said though, i love it and look forward to working on it.

Just finished fitting front suspension & brakes tonight, next job................ pass. lol.

How are you finding it??

Regards,

Nick.