How Much Did Yours Cost?

Guest Ant

Guest Mr Pid

Yeh i can sympathise with you Paul, what with kit, wheels, guages, numerous engines etc etc mine will prob push the £10,000 mark :(

But hey when its completed nothing can put a price on all the admiring glances you will get, the staggering 0-60 time and knowing that the only person you have to thank for it, is yourself!

(Oh and Richard for giving us the opportunity to build it in the first place)

Stu :rolleyes:

Guest ColinR

I'm an accountant by profession (but don't hold it against me) and I don't intend to keep a record of costs. I had enough trouble convincing 'er indoors that I should have one and that it would only cost ....... for the Sub K. I intend slipping the expenses discreetly in with the general living costs so she (hopefully) doesn't notice.

I did get a provisional quote for insurance at £130, which I did tell her about.

ColinR

Guest mickmellors

As far as my missus is concerned - (!)

2B Kit - £300

Alloy Wheels and Tyres - swapped for something - £0

Full set of stainless fasteners - About £5

MIG Welder (scratched !) - £35

Compressor (also scratched ! !) & Spraygun etc £25

Other bits and bobs - Just a few quid !

WOW - What a bargain, Eh ? !

(Little Black Book with real figures kept at a different address ! ! ! ! ! )

For pitys sake dont tell her the truth or I'll be the meat in the next Spag Bol !!

Mick M

Guest Chrisegg

I got off to a good start by swapping an ageing electric lawn mower for a 2.0 L donor. Slipped downhill since and now hovering around the £5.5k mark - still loving every minute of the struggle/challenge.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
Guest graham dockerill
;) Steve don't start this one up again, when I last mentioned about the amount of drill bits I used, you then got the bloke who built a Robin Hood, helped build the space shuttle and put all the armco round the M25 with the same drill bit and he's still using it.

Guest Mr Pid

Have you got his address? do you think he will let me borrow it! :lol: :D :rolleyes:

(Currently applying for another loan to cover drill bit expenditure!) :(

Stu

you should get a job as a lowley paid cnc machinist (as many 3mm drills as you can eat (free issue from the stores!!!) :D

I paid £2600 for my 2B sva'd and on the road :p

i've wanted a se7en for about 10 years now but no garage... then moved to a house with workshop ...big mortgage no money .....then the stork arrived!!!!

didn't have time to build with 2 younguns :(

this way everyones happy :D

havn't stopped tinkering since i got it :blink:

once the boys are older i'm hoping they will want to help me build one from scratch <_<