Nuts & Bolts

Guest Petemate

Guest Petemate

Hi guys

I temporarily haven't got access to my (Tiger-building) mate's SVA manual, and in any case am considering getting the latest edition.

Somewhere on the various sites recently I saw a reference to SVA requirements regarding fixings, i.e. bolts must have a nyloc nut on the other end, or slotted nut and splitpin, or if no nut on must have a spring or shakeproof washer (e.g. diff mounting bolts).

I've scoured the sites, but can't remember the topic.

Help?

Pete(Oldgit) :(

Hi Pete, I believe you've got it in one!

It's also good engineering practice to have a plain washer under a nylock or slotted nut, and also if you're using a single spring washer on ally.

How's the leg? will we see you at Stoneleigh?

Guest Petemate

Hi Jim

Thanks for that. All the points I mentioned I tend to practice anyway, as an ex-aircraft bod, but I would still like to make sure I follow the nice SVA requirements!

Re the leg, kind of you to ask. I'm hoping to be at Stoneleigh, as the op will be on 23rd March at the latest, and si weeks of exercise and I'll be back on the road. However, no kneeling, stretching etc for at least three months, so the Hood will be on hold for this summer.

As for the shows, is there a two-day price for Stoneleigh? I'm hoping to come up Friday night and camp.

Pete (Oldgit)