Rusty Headlamp

Guest atigue

<insert anal and protracted scientific explanation of the colours of metals and why some appear darker than others, therefore disproving your statement>

Guest salty_monk

Jim's right, chrome isn't rust proof it's the nickel coating underneath the chrome that provides the rust protection. These RH ones are a "flashover" job, prob level one certified (decorative pieces) when automotive is generally level 3...

Most will be better than these but obviously the chrome on brass are the best ones as they will never rust.

I went with black satin electrocoat, if they ever rust at least they can be rubbed down & sprayed, you can't really do that with chrome, should really have them dipped in nasty solvents first otherwise the paint doesn't stick...

Foxy - in my experience you are right, however it's a real pain in the ass job, the moggy minors we owned were like that, you had to do it every week then wax over the top or you'd end up back to the same in two weeks time... never looks perfect either...

:)

Guest docter fox

just a point of interest, a friends chrome mini bumper had been going slightly rusty after about 10 months on, I managed to convince her to polish it and all the rust went, but within 2 weeks it was worse than it was before :lol:

Andy, I'm going to slap you :rolleyes:

Andy, I'm going to slap you :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whaaattt??? You can't say lead is as shiny as chrome, even if you polished it! I just couldn't be bothered explaining it as it would be useless information.

Just for you, here's some shiny shiny, almost black cobalt:

Co.jpg