Anti Roll Bar

Guest gez

hi i was wondering if anyone had come across this problem i went to fit the anti roll bar today and the u bolts dont line up with the holes in the chassis now do i redrill the holes or will this affect the steering geometry any advice would be much appriciated its a sub k by the way thanks :unsure: gez

Guest johnboymac

I had this problem,

basically there are a number of different types of anti-roll bars out there, what you have is the wrong one (seems to be the case from later donors). Best advice is to go to a scrappies and get another one - mine cost £5, only downside is the time it takes to get it off while lying chin deep in mud!

cheers, J

Guest Cooey

gez,

I had the same problem with my sub-k build.

In the end I decided to ditch the anti-roll bar completly and fit tie bars instead.

Simon

Guest Tim Norman

Ditching the anti roll bar in favour of tie bars is ok. but be aware the car will hande a whole lot better if it has an anti roll bar. believe it or not the one of the Reliant Robin is about the right size. You just need to be ingenious in fitting it. Anyone who says a Hood doesn't need one is a fool. If every car manafacturer in the worl dfits them why should they be fitted to a Hood. Soory but this is my soapbox and I'm gonna stand on it!! :angry:

Cheers

Bobsmate

thanks guys looks like a trip to the scrappy n thanks for the offer bloke but i am in the west mids n it would cost me more in petrol lol thanks anyway