2b Infill Panels

Guest SJJ

I have just fitted the first side panel (provisionally) on the drivers side. When I have offered the infill panel up, the holes for the steering etc don't line up and worst still, there is a 3 or 4 inch gapo between the end of the side panel and the infill?

Anyone have any ideas? I've searched through Bill's site and the NW Hoodies but can't see any infill specific pictures.

Guest turbo

please state your car type.

on my car 2b plus the wishbone square holes needed slight trimming and the steering colum holes needed re rounding slightly,this is probably standard workings on a robin hood.

i think you should try marking roughly where your infill panel wants to go and then allow a 1" underlap for the side panel and try provisionally fitting it here.

Guest Battery Bill

Steve

We ended up making up new infill panels because ours did not fit very well, Oh and we had some spare Stainless from our knackered side panel :wub: :wub:

But a gap as big as you have sounds suspiciously like you have been given the wrong panels <_< <_<

Guest peter2b2002

have you got the side pannel too far back? are they both the same size? for the infill bits best to make a cardboard template first saves a lot of time + saves scratching the wishbones

pete2b

Guest TerryBarry

On my 2B+ the panels needed a load of trimming to clear the suspension mounting points.

In the following pic they still need to be trimmed around the front and a bit of bending to be done

The panels overlapped the side ones by 50 - 75mm

post-5-1143472489.jpg