What And When?

Guest dajimmy

Guest dajimmy

Just got doner. What bits other than engine/gearbox/suspension, do i need to strip to start and what can i leave on car till later. I plan to put car on blocks (after removing engine/gearbox) out the back of the workshop while it will role. but have a ramp in the workshop, so anything underneath will be easer removed befour then.

Guest bloke

:ph34r: just finished strip, after 28 june collection

from my donor i've taken prety much everythin just to be safe and the task was surprisingly quick n simple. left with two boxes of bits + big oily lump

the rear sub came out complete n with wheels n skate board is fully manouverable

i'd been advised the loom i v imp (label as you go with white e tape n perm marker) esp engine section

all the bits you dont think of are needed too like door rubbers, grommets n fasteners etc

all thets on my drive is the shell with doors intact n not touched

cut the front x members away to make e + g removal a doddle

keep the wheels etc to scrub on the car when tracking etc setting later and also i'd been advised that for sva original wheels/ tyres calibrate better

theres a good start article on build tipz on main site

http://www.rhocar.org/buildtipz/037.shtml

i spent some time goin through the haynes and looking for useful components like brake line t junction and decelleration valve

some people have kept the wheel liners too but mine were brittle

hope this is some help? r u building soon?

have fun :ph34r: