Fuel Tank

Guest wicksy37

Guest wicksy37

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend where to purchase a fuel tank from for my 2B, as i have given up on the sierra one. I see RHSC are doing an alloy one for £120, has anyone tried / tested this yet?

Any help apreciated.

I will finish this car one day.

Paul.

Guest Mike Perry

We used AlyFab (www.allyfab.co.uk) after our plastic one started to leak at the seams. Built to our spec including swirl pot and looks good.

Mind you we haven't taken it on the road yet.

Guest wicksy37

Mike

Thanks for your reply. Did you use the original sierra fuel sender unit?

Sorry all for posting in electrics in haste. work pc.

Paul.

Guest salty_monk

Yes, you can use the original sender unit.

There's a picture of a fabulous one on here somewhere, the shape of a 110 camera film, custom made for about 150 notes I think.

42 ltrs from memory & uses a lot of "dead space" so more room for a boot than with a standard RH one..

Don't get a plastic one.... :)

Hi, I got mine from Allyfab (01246822353)(07743976937) too. It fits in a 2b chassis perfectly, and I'm sure Bryn (the owner of Allyfab) said it was 47litres. I sent him my sierra sender, and he modified it and fitted it for me. I think it was about £150 ( hid the receipt from the missus and now can't find it)

Nicko

Guest salty_monk

Don't know if you have injection or think you may want it at any time but if I was paying to have a custom tank built I'd get it baffled or with inbuilt swirl pot to keep my options open...

Dan :)

Guest salty_monk

There are some cheap steel ones on Ebay every now & again which I think will fit... About £60 from memory.

Cheap enough if you don't mind them being steel... Not sure if RH still do the stainless one, used to be £70.

Dan