Rear Coilovers

Guest RH1

I have a s/h 2001 2B virtually unbuilt, at last after exhaustive cleaning off of paint over mud grease and other un-mentionables to rear end and the whole chassis which were under the paint put on by previous owner, I have the rear suspension nearly finished.

Ok so to my little problem, How in god's name do you get the rear coilovers(yellow dot one's) now with two springs as opposed to the original one, up into the rollover bar without dropping everything down off the chassis again by four inch's as the spring compressors only shorten the outer spring.

To get the ride height roughly correct what measurments down from the square crossbeam did you use when drilling your locating holes in rollbar and the slidy in bit on top of coilovers.

An easy remedy would be nice to hear of but I suspect I will have to drop the whole lot down, fit the coilovers and jack it all back up again.

Cheers for now

Robert

Guest daveg

Robert

Measure from the bottom of the side panels at the rear...should be between 6"-7"...I drilled two holes in my

slidy in bit
:p so I could adjust when on the road...sometime next year at the rate I am going :rolleyes:

Dave

Guest mark kingston

i have had mine in and out with the sub frame in place, all i did was to remove the wheel and brake drum and the remove the 4 bolts that hold on the bearing carrier using the access holes in the hub assembly and then pull out the whole drive sharft, which with the car jacked up gave me sufficient room to get them in and out.

Note if you remove both sides don't mix up the drive shafts as the wheel bearing threads are oppersite hands and they are different lengths.

regards

Mark kingston :lol:

Thanks for replies, thats one hell of a lot easier than dropping the sub frame :) still a pain in the butt though just to get shocks in and out, my Citroen is easier to work on than that :unsure:

Thanks guys

Robert