Tfi Unit

Guest OllyT83

Guest OllyT83

The TFI unit RH have given me with the ECU for my EFI only has three wires coming from it but the haynes manual shows there should be six.

Is this the wrong type of EFI unit or not even a TFI unit at all? It is a black platic motocraft box stuck on a steel plate?

Guest Kieran

Sounds like the wrong one. That sounds like a TFI module for a carb'd pinto. The EFI TFI ( :lol: :lol: ) is narrower, longer, more rectangular and silver (aluminium??) if my memory serves me correctly. I'll have a nosey round tomorrow and see if I can find mine and i'll photograph it for you.

Someone else may have a picture tho..... -_-

Kieran

Guest OllyT83

Cheers,

That's definately the same as the on that I have but it only has 3 conections where the wiring diagram shows 6?

Does anyone know how well the Haynes wiring diagram should be trusted? If I follow it exactly ignoring the colours and positions of the wires currently in my ECU should I expect everything to work?

Aslo what else plugs into the ECU? I appear to have about 10 more wires coming out of the ECU bundle that I have that I don't know where are meant to go yet.

Olly