R.s.jigtec

Guest Paul S Usowicz

Guest Paul S Usowicz

Hi All

I popped in to R.S.Jigtec yesterday and ordred a custom petrol tank. I have ordered an aluminium 11 gallon tank to sit below the boot floor and behind the diff that will take the Sierra sender. Total cost... just £99.88!!!! That seems like a bargain to me.

While I was there he also showed me his double wishbone conversion for the 2B (I think it will fit a Sub-K). All the wishbones, cycle wing brackets and coil-overs for just £280! If I hadn't already got my tie-bars made I would be very tempeted.

Bob is a decent bloke and they are the sort of company who will happily do one-offs at a reasonable price. I'll post fuel tank piccys when I pick it up next week.

Cheers

Paul S Usowicz

Guest johnboymac

hi-

how much and where for the tie-bars (I have the same prob as you pointed out on your web site - Anti roll bar does not line up properly) so will need to source a different anti-rollbar or tiebars.

John

Guest Paul S Usowicz

John

I actually chopped the anti-roll bar down and had it drilled and tapped for a pair of M16 rod end bearings. You could have brand new ones made but that would cost more. The brackets are being made at the moment. I'll post full details on my web site as soon as they are fitted, including mechanical drawings and let you know via e-mail. My mate, who is an engineer, did the work for me. The rod end bearings were from a Massey Ferguson tractor but any good engineering supplier can source these.

Cheers

Paul S Usowicz

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

Just need to correct the price you quoted from Bob at RS Jigtec for his wishbone setup, the actual price is £380.00 not £280.00 and of course you have the dreaded VAT to add on to it all.

Bob also provides a new steering rack for a reasonable £35.00 and refurbished Hubs for 30.00 each.

I spent the day with Bob and Sue on Wednesday, Bob and the boys fitted the whole lot to my bare 2B chassis, all done and finished by 3pm, very impressed and will be posting some pics of the finished job early next week (once I have figured out how to do it).

Now the real fun begins, all I have to do is put clothes on the whole thing so it looks more like a real car, as well as give it a heart

cheers for now

Robert Hooper

John

I actually chopped the anti-roll bar down and had it drilled and tapped for a pair of M16 rod end bearings. You could have brand new ones made but that would cost more. The brackets are being made at the moment. I'll post full details on my web site as soon as they are fitted, including mechanical drawings and let you know via e-mail. My mate, who is an engineer, did the work for me. The rod end bearings were from a Massey Ferguson tractor but any good engineering supplier can source these.

Cheers

Paul S Usowicz

Hi paul ,

Do you have a part no. for the massey f.rod ends (16mm.)

I made a pair from the design on dave edwards site and mis- read the drawing and ended up drilling and tapping 16mm. I have looked at various firms and could not find any of that size.this would save starting again

Guest Paul S Usowicz

Swan

I don't see any part number or manufacturer on the bearings. Any large agricultural dealer will stock them though. Failing that, Demon Tweeks do some M16 ones on page 326 of their 2003 motorsport catalogue. They are £16.94 (+VAT + P&P). I got mine for free off my Father-in-law (a farmer who owns 3 masseys). If you need any further help just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers

Paul S Usowicz

Guest mickmellors

As a follow up to Pauls mention of r.s.jigtec - I spoke at length with Bob on their stand at Stafford show and I agree with Paul, he is a very helpful chap and has offered to quote for ANY job that any RhOCaR member wants doing no matter how big or small or what. They had some stainless windscreen pillar blanks - laser cut - very nice at £25. I thought they were a touch on the thin side but he said he would cut them out of whatever thickness you want. I will be ordering a set in 1/8" and mirror polishing them. I have also asked Bob to quote me for laser cutting an entire set of body panels from my architectural embossed, acid etched and coloured 0.6mm stainless ! - should look the dogs chops when I've finished. If you are struggling with something, give them a ring - chances are they will help out at a reasonable charge.

Mick Mellors

RHOCAR