Car Trailer

Guest tom2b

Guest tom2b

As im hoping to trailer my car to its sva in approximately a months time i will need a car trailer. Is there anyone in cornwall/the southwest that i can borrow one from?

Regards

Tom

Guest Jaffer

We have a trailer Tom, but its a flat bed rather than a car trailer :( .... The ramps are only 8ft long so the approach angle is very steep for cars, [i got my MG stuck on it!! :o ] so I'm not sure it will be any good for a 2B... [ I wasn't going to use it!] which is why I didn't volunteer it before :p

You're welcome to try if you wish..... It's also a fair bit heavier than a car trailer so you will need something with a bit of weight to tow it!

Grah.

Guest AWhite

There is a car trailer for sale in the for sale section if you have got somewhere to keep it.

Nothing to do with me etc etc.

Andy

Guest tom2b
You're welcome to try if you wish..... It's also a fair bit heavier than a car trailer so you will need something with a bit of weight to tow it!

your landy should do the job nicely :p

Does anyone else know of a suitable trailer for putting a kitcar on, i cant believe how few people have one!

Guest Jaffer
your landy should do the job nicely 

Yeah no worries... it'll manage 3.5 tonne no prob!

When I get to that point :p I was going to hire one from PRJ Engineering, Lewannick, Launceston, they are not far from us... see what it will cost. There may be someone closer to you tho'

Guest tom2b

Just found a place down the road from me i never new existed that will hire a car trailer for 24hrs for £48.00 + vat which doesnt seem too bad, saves a long trip to get one.

Guest tom2b

its 80 miles away and i dont fancy it, would be just my luck for something to go wrong on the way there, also i dont want to insure it until its ready to hit the road.

Guest warwick7735

Tom

I take it you don't have much faith in how you bolted it all together then :lol: :lol: .

Are you going to MOT first just to make sure everything is where it should be.

Warwick

Guest Ian & Carole

Good advice.

MOT means that you know the lights are set right brakes work on all 4 corners emissions are correct etc etc etc plus gives you a chance to drive your creation :D :D :wub:

Ian J

Guest Battery Bill

Tom

its 80 miles away and i dont fancy it, would be just my luck for something to go wrong on the way there, also i dont want to insure it until its ready to hit the road.

I know where you are at with this one, we took Joeys on a trailer even though it had already been Thoroughly road tested at Barkston before hand. :p :p

Its a lot easier to take lots of bits and bobs with you in a tin top.

But another reason we used a trailer is this:

:lol: :lol:

post-18-1147898885.jpg

Guest Battery Bill

Steve

That was taken at 5 AM :blink: :blink:

Not much colour round at that time especially when its snowing :rolleyes:

I didn't know there was 2, five O'Clocks :lol: :lol: