Vg Loom, Positive Problem!

Guest shane1664

Guest shane1664

Hey, after spending all day (im on holiday, not a student :p ) trying to make a dint in the wiring, ive come across two problems, hoping for a little bit of help :)

1) on the relay plug which has 9 wires going into it, the black wire, which seems to feed from the dipped beam, is bell-testing negative... it goes to either a blue/green or a black wire on the VG loom plug...

2)Im using the sierra dials, what goes into the green x2 wire? I have two wires off the vg loom (not including the ones that arnt used) they are white/black and white/brown.

sorry if thats confusing! anyone else had the same problems? im having trouble getting the flasher unit to work too... but as im really not into the electronics just yet i'm trying to keep it simple! :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Shane

Guest Takumi

Black I seem to recall is -ve, and brown is +ve.

not sure about those others without digging through lots of my diagrams burried in a draw..

Guest warwick7735

hi

the black wire from the light stalk is linked with the black/yellow from the stalk, this then goes to the black wire from the VG loom.

For the other probs ur having i need to know if its a later dash assembly.

Warwick

Guest warwick7735

Hi

Im looking at a later type dash plug now, although there is only one grren wire on it this is as befrore is the tacho connection from the coil.

Warwick

Guest warwick7735

Hi

White/black should be connected to the same colours on your dash plug, this is your connection to your indicator warning lamp on your dash assembly.

Warwick

Guest shane1664

which im guessing the white/black connects to, as this is the same as further down the loom which connects to the negative side of the coil?

Shane