How Long Should Discs Last

Guest Kim

Guest hypermick

Thats typical of Citroen.

One of our cars here is a Picasso. Its the second one weve owned. What I do is have the basic work for the service record done at Citroen and all the rest done at our local privately owned garage (where by the way I get a much better service).

I dont mind owning a Citroen but Ive taken this route due to one of their previous "tricks". :ph34r:

Two years ago in their service reception they posted a special deal on "Fast oil and filter change" just walk in,........, :D naming all the cars they catered for, amongst which was the Picasso.

The car was due for a non major service which didnt include oil and filter. I booked it in for the work to be done and left it with them at the appointed time. Later on that morning I called them to ask how much it would cost to have the oil and filter changed while the car was with them. "Oh about £60 plus VAT came the reply".

:wacko:

I didnt further it considering what he was quoting was a total rip off compared to the £26 the board said it cost it for a walk in customer. :gdit:

So later that same day I went back and collected the car. Whilst at reception I queried what I had been quoted for the oil & filter change at which point out came the time sheet to show me how it was justified. <_<

Right I thought,. :angry: I paid the bill,. walked out gave it five minutes and walked in again. Up to the counter,. Can I have my oil and filter changed please?,. I see you do a special deal for walk in customers,. :rolleyes: (same service manager, who had now realised he was up poo creek without a paddle). :unsure:

£26.00 later (including VAT) oil and filter duly changed.

Pick the bones out of that !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Moral of this story,. Let them and they WILL fleece you. Query everything, always.

Mick.

Guest Quarks7

Like someone said earlyer in this post. Check that they realy do need changing

I was told by my local Nissan dealer My front pad where 70% worn and my rears where 60% worn. I said thanks for the info and if your right I'll do the job myself. Had a look and "Shock horror" it turned out they were telling fibs :D

Next year when it went in they had obviously forgotten the previous years Bull 5hit story cos they told me the fronts where 60% worn and the rears 50% worn and that it'd need pads very soon.

So I'd recommend everyone to buy a Nissan cos they have self rejuvinating pads :p . Just not take it to robbing Ba5tards at Nissan for a service!