Rear Brake Drums

Guest Fred2b

Guest Fred2b

I have decided to fit new rear brake drums and shoes because the handbrake is crap. When pulled up as far as possible I can just about push the car, so no good.

My local motorfactor, and I have been using this place for all my spare parts for ages, have quoted me, wait for it.................£38.95 each and £16.58 for two sets of shoes. These are top quality, Lockheed I think he said but I thought parts for Fords were supposed to be dirt cheap!! He recons his supplier does not do cheap ones anymore.

So in total that's £94.48 for new rear brakes. Surely one of you guys can tell me where to get them cheaper.

Regards

Fred

Guest brummy-ade

Where about are you ? I am in birmingham and have trade cards for most motor factor suppliers that are cheap. :D and are you sure its not just the handbrake cable that needs changing ?

ade

Guest TerryBarry

In this area of Surrey £15 / 16 doesn't seem too bad for four shoes.

Can't comment on the price of drums - are you sure you really need them -are they badly ridged or scored.

Terry

Guest Fred2b

I am in manchester area and it's too late now, I'v bought them and fitted lastnight.What a difference!! There is no way it's going to move with the handbrake on now. It's as solid as a rock. The old drums were badly scored and shiny and the the shoes are down to less than 0.5mm so they needed doing. At least this lot should last quite a while.

Thanks

Fred