200/205 Block + Yb Cylinder Head..

Guest Takumi

Guest Takumi

Hello all.

I am wondering if anyone has built a YB engine.. using the Inj 205 block and the Cosworth YB cylinder head.

I have seen a YB cylinder head on Ebay for £300+pp, and looks in very good condition (40,000m car) . . wouldn't be for a few months yet..hehe

What sort of physical space restictions are there for fitting this engine to a 2B, using not DCOE, but throttle body injection..

Ive read that 200hp is a good output for such an engine on carbs, but I dont like the fuel economy side of those type of carbs, fuel injection seems much more sophisticated.. :)

any thoughts are much welcomed..

tak

Guest Robin Allison

Tak,

The Cosworth head will fit on the 205 block as its the same as the cosworth block. The problem is if the head has not be altered for non-turbo use it will require skimming, also the block will require decking (skimming) and the cams will need changing. If you want to go down this route the try this group www.turbosport.co.uk someone should be able to give you all the info you need.

Rob...

Guest Takumi

Thanks.. Will check it out..

Im looking for a good 205 block with low miles , the conrods and pistons will be replaced, so Im not fused about there condition in the block.

Accralite make special Forged pistons for n/a cosworht application to raise c/r to 11.8:1 without and skimming needed, the head will need port attention flow for n/a use ( not forced induiction - shapes are much different)

I would very muich like to use throttle bodies over DCOE carbs.

If anyone has a 205 block with crank , rods and pistons, and flywheel.

and youre local to me in , suffolk area say 35 miles around ipswich .:)

drop a line here..

thanks all

tak.

Guest Mr Pid

Im probably a bit too far away from you (Portsmouth) but i have an old pinto sat on my drive, mostly stripped but block is intact with crank and pistons and head still on- you are welcome to it if you want to travel?

HTH

Stu :rolleyes:

PS. i believe paul mercer has a cossie engine in his 2B, albeit running the turbo and not N/A.