Webbing

paolow

hi guys,

well - i had a brainwave yesterday - that i would use 3/4 or one inch webbing - similar to that found on a rucksack - with buckles to secure some bits of my hood. i thought i could use it to lash down my fuel tank and also to properly secure my spare wheel with a kind of X made of webbing going across it. BUT - i dont know where to get such a product from - ive had a good old scour of the internet but no joy yet - do any of you know where i can find any? so far ive found a company that produces the metal buckles im after but the actual webbing defeats me!

thanks in advance,

Paolo

thanks for the quick replies everyone,

i did consider seatbelts but i decided they were too wide - probably the largest im going to want to go is only about an inch and i used mine as lifting straps anyway :). ill check the cotswold camping and the motorbike idea tomorrow and see what they say. up till now ive just been searching via the web and havent turned up much. hopefully if these two havent got any, theyll be able to point me in the right direction though. im reluctant to drill holes in my back panel, thats all and i thought the straps would be a good solution. what ill probabbly do is fit them and post some pictures so you can all see what im going on about!

thanks again for the help

Paolo

Where abouts are you and how big do you want the lengths. We get the stuff in packing at work and it's scrap afterwards. If you are anywhere near Darwen or are going to be at the Harrogate show I can bring some along.

Iain

well - i got busy on the phone today and rang chandlers, B&Q, millets, cotswold camping and a number of motor factors but it looks like halfords might be my best bet. B&q had the straps but not the buckles and no one else carried what i wanted. thanks for your offer ian, but thats too far for me to travel really so it looks like ill have to get my wallet out!

thanks again for all your replies

paolo