Engine Mounts

Guest Lindsay

Guest Lindsay

Hi all

One for the Sub-ks

I've had to fit 30mm spacers under engine mounts so as to lift sump clear of the cross member, this has improved tha angle that the propshaft runs at!

Here's the question, what thickness of spacers can I fit before carb/air filter fouls bonnet when it gets fitted?

Thanks

Lindsay

Hi Lindsay,

You must have picked up your sub K on the same day I did.

I had to pack out the mounting brackets with washers top and bottom as well. I have about 1 thred showing passed the lock nuts top and bottom. As the hole in the chassis is quite big the large washers I used started bending so I used some realy thick ones that were on the donor.

The bonet seems to fit okay but mine's the injection one with a hole in it.

Just pack it enough to clear the sump and worry about the bonet when you get there.

Yup, I had to pack my mounts with washers - as many as possible... This seems quite normal - though I need to check the height of new mounts versus my saggy old ones (careful...) to see if that would make a difference. I'll try to remember to measure the washers at the weekend.

I've got an injection engine with a normal bonnet, using a chopped manifold, so I don't know how much of a problem raising the engine will be with carbs. FYI though, I can just fit the cam oil filler cap (now the highest point) under the bonnet.

Cheers,

F.