Bonnet Bulge

Guest Bill Watts

Guest Bill Watts

G'day,

Anyone know where I can get a fibreglass power bulge to fit into the bonnet of my S7? Engine change forces requirement - got a 2.8 V6 in and the plenum chamber sticks up a bit too far.

Thanks

Guest Mr Pid

Have a look through demon thieves catalogue, and boy racer stores/mags usually have a good selection.

Search the Web under bodykits, bodystyling, modifications etc should come up with loads of stuff. B)

Fred2B has a nice one, dunno where he got it from though? :huh:

Stu :rolleyes:

Guest Fred2b

If you have the stainless steel model you are probably better off going for one made from ABS plastic but certainly one already made for you ready to fit.

I did make mine myself ( painted car ) but it was not easy. I used mild steel with a hardwood front to get the rounded edges on the intake. I then used body filler to blend it into the bonnet and pop riveted it on. Finally I painted the bonnet and bulge as one unit. Looks ok but close examination will pick out imperfections. But what the hell... I did it myself and that is what I wanted when I bought the kit!

Regards

Fred