Joke

Guest vacinc

Guest vacinc

An Australian, a Frenchman and an Englishman are walking along a beach. One of them sees a rusty old tin can half-buried in the sand and takes a running kick at it. The can flies through the air and, to their amazement, out pops a genie.

"You have freed me from my prison," says the genie, "and in return I will grant each of you a wish".

He looks expectantly at the Australian.

"Well," begins the Aussie, "I'm a farmer. My father was a farmer and my son will be a farmer. But we have had hardly any rain for years; the land is dried out and infertile, my cattle and sheep are dying".

"That's easy," says the genie, "it is raining on your farm now, it will rain every Wednesday, and you will have lush pasture for generations to come".

He turns to the Frenchman.

"My wish is not for myself", begins the Frenchman. "It is for my country, for La France. She is too full of tourists and foreign people. I would like a big wall built round France to keep all the tourists and foreigners out and France for the French".

"That's quite a job," sighs the genie, "but if we all keep totally silent for two or three minutes the wall will be completed."

They all wait in silence until the genie announces, "It is done" and turns his eyes to the Englishman.

"Can I ask a question?", asks the Englishman.

"I don't normally allow questions", replies the genie, "but I will answer just one question, providing you tell me your wish as soon as you have heard my answer."

"Right," says the Englishman, "this wall round France .. can you tell me more about it?".

"The wall," replies the genie, "is 100 feet high, ten feet thick, and impenetrable - and so... your wish is ....... ?"

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

"Fill it with water"