2b Fuel Pipe And Carb

Guest fifer

Hi I'm "fifer" up inScotland

Can anyone out there give me advice, I'm building a 2B with a 2ltr pinto engine.

My question is, " If I fit an in line fuel filter do I need a fuel return line to the tank also some guidance on the carb required would be much appreciated."

I was at Harrogate on Sat. and noticed some cars had a different carb to the original Sierra one but still used the original manifold.

I couldn't stay all day because I had a caravan to tow up to Fife but thought the club showing was excellent.

BUT "WHERE WAS RH SPORTSCARS?" they should have been at the show according to the programme!

Help me out please there arn't a lot of us up here.

Guest chris brown
If I fit an in line fuel filter do I need a fuel return line to the tank
A return line is not necessary but whilst building I would recommend a second line is fitted even if you blank it off at both ends as at some time in the future you may decide to upgrade/replace the engine and the second line is a must if you end up with an injection setup

Guest hypermick

Hi fifer,.

No you dont need a return line, unless you have a mechanical fuel pump which has the third connector on it,. (not common) but you will have to make sure either the tank neck is vented or suitable vent is on the tank itself, otherwise you'll suffer fuel starvation and the tank will try to vaccuum.

Mick