Ignition Leads For Pinto Efi

Guest Dan_Beeston

Guest Dan_Beeston

Hi Guys,

According to the SVA manual ignition leads must be marked as supressed for SVA, but none of the lead sets available for the injection pinto seem to be? (I assume because this engine uses seperate suppressors on the dizzy cap?)

Are the suppressors on the cap enough for SVA or do the leads need to be marked too?

If so, does anyone know of a set of leads the right length with the right ends to suit this installation that are marked?

Cheers,

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ian & Carole

Dan

So you don't feel left out.

We took our car to Beverley with the leads that came of the doner Sierra without problem or mention.

OK it failed but not on plug leads.

Ian J

Guest chris brown

Dan it’s a bit of a red herring this one as I haven’t seen none suppressed i.e. copper wire leads for many years they all are the carbon impregnated string type these days which are resistive hence suppressers.

I think you should fit the leads and bring the box with you just in case, as Chris says, you can't buy non suppressed leads anymore.

I have in the past used coax and chock block to extend an HT lead on a moulded coil for a motorbike but I wouldn't recommend it for SVA :D

Guest Mike Perry

Our EFi Pinto ignition leads had suppressors on the distributor cap and that was OK at SVA in July.

Mind you our local AutoTune guy did comment that can be the cause of a poor spark and would be better removed and replaced with suppressed leads.

HTH

Guest Dan_Beeston

Thanks for all the help guys!

Bill> I don't suppose you have a part number for the Halfords leads?, I went through a load of boxes and all the leads for Injection Pintos weren't marked as suppressed? :mellow:

Cheers,

Dan

Guest chris brown
Thanks for all the help guys!

Bill> I don't suppose you have a part number for the Halfords leads?, I went through a load of boxes and all the leads for Injection Pintos weren't marked as suppressed? :mellow:

Cheers,

Dan

They tend not to be Dan as all leads are now suppressed so don’t worry about it the chances are the tester wont even look at them

Guest salty_monk

I think you're worrying about nothing. A quality lead will pass. The non suppressed ones had thin wires & exposed copper tops from memory.

If you touched one with the engine running they gave you a right bolt!!

Had them on one of the moggies I played with

Dan :)