Chrome Work

Greenie

Guest Quarks7

Hi,

The body panels etc are stainless and I also belive they are coated at the factory. So you should just be able to get away with a bucket of warm water with a couple of cap fulls of wash n wax. Then swill it off and leather the panels to get a shine. I was told never to use polish on the bright work due to the afformentioned coating applied at the factory..As for the scratches just be carefull :D ..... Jez

Hi Again,

I forgot to say welocome to RHOCAR. You'll find we are a friendly bunch and there are some seriously knowledgable folk on here (Not including myself in that statement) :D that'll be more than happy and able to sort most of the problems you may encounter....... Regards Jez

Guest Petemate

Hi Peter

Welcome to the mad, mad world of Hooding. (yeah - I know, I haven't got a Hood any more but still a member and enjoying the club/forum etc)

This has been covered a lot in the past. Gentle wash 'n' wax, chammy off then finish off when dry with the cheapest supermarket etc glass cleaner (NOT windolene) and it is good as new. BUT - scratches, small or otherwise can't be eradicated; as said there is a coating applied at the factory, a good reason not to use anything in ANY way abrasive.

HTH

Pete

(P.S. worked for me....)