Sierra Springs To Coilovers

Guest STEVE&GEM

Guest STEVE&GEM

JUST FINISHED 2B BUT NOT HAPPY WITH REAR SUSPENSION AS THE SPRINGS ARE TO SOFT ON THE REAR CAUSING THE BACK END TO BOTTOM. ANY BODY FITTED COILOVERS INSTEAD. WHAT COILOVERS ARE NEEDED EG LENGTH AND SPRING RATE OR HAS ANYONE GOT ANY FOR SALE THANKS

I fitted standard zeemeride coilovers to the rear as i found the sierra set up didnt work well. I found the zeemerides were better but bouncy so i fitted them in conjunction with a set of sierra spax gas adjustables on the lowest setting and they seem to do the job. All you need to do is weld up mounting brackets and they go in quite easily.

HAS ANYONE GOT ANY FOR SALE THANKS

Steve,

I fitted AVO coil overs to mine, and works a treat.

I originally fitted 10 inch 300lb springs but found the ride slighty too high, but as I had a pair of 8 inch "spare", I fitted these in the same drilled holes of the chassis, but now the ride height is slightly too low.

I intend to re drill the holes in the chassis and fit the 8 inch springs (also 300lb) just to give another inch of clearance.

As a result, i do have a pair of 10 inch 300lb springs AVO adjustable coilovers which I intended putting in the "for sale" column.

They have been fitted but never used, so if you are interested, make me an offer. Shockers cost me about £210.

Simon

fitted a set of newer/stiffer scorpio springs to the rear and a pair of avo adjustable shocks. result is a superb ride quality. all i have to do now is replace the front coilovers with something better!

• 2 weeks later...
Steve,

I fitted AVO coil overs to mine, and works a treat.

I originally fitted 10 inch 300lb springs but found the ride slighty too high, but as I had a pair of 8 inch "spare", I fitted these in the same drilled holes of the chassis, but now the ride height is slightly too low.

I intend to re drill the holes in the chassis and fit the 8 inch springs (also 300lb) just to give another inch of clearance.

As a result, i do have a pair of 10 inch 300lb springs AVO adjustable coilovers which I intended putting in the "for sale" column.

They have been fitted but never used, so if you are interested, make me an offer. Shockers cost me about £210.

Simon

Have you sold these?

Greenie :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: