Car Film

Guest diyer

Anyone got any reccomendation s for bullet cam/camcorder/ solid state storage devices for in car filming??

I still think it would be a good idea to put together a Robin Hood Film this year, pinning bits of driving footage together, bits from the shows etc..... the guys that go to le Mans??

What do we all reckon???

would be a laugh...

Simon

Its all about money, set a budget then go from there.

Bullet cams are O.K. but the chips are very small unless you go for the Pro 3 chip stuff, and no audio.

Lots of brackets for the miniDVcams, but the Mics are out in the wind.

Demon Tweeks have a lipstick cam system at 357 but needs a DV cam with video in as well.

The mounts look a bit expensive.

What ever you do make sure you have the lens covered with a UV filter just to protect the lens from flying stuff.

Most of the DV cams would need a wide angle adaptor if you want to see whats going on in the cockpit, this also helps to stop the audience from pukeing as long lenses and lots of movement are unwatchable.

I would price up a DV cam with video in socket and external mic socket, buy a wide angle adaptor and a couple of UV filters ( one for the camera lens and one for the wide angle adaptor) then add bits as funds become available.

First buy would be an external mic so i could get it out of the wind.

Dont worry to much about 1 chip or 3 it will look fine on your TV.

Guest stu205

Im in the process of making a kit up for sale, colour camera, with sound, wireless camera so no cables strewn round your car not to mention interesting camera angles! that will record onto SD card....

...watch this space!

Just been scouring the equipment store and have found...

Panasonic Lipstick cam, colour 1/2" CCD 512 x 582 pixels 330 lines resolution, 3 lenses...7mm pinhole f2.8....7.5mm standard f1.4....3mm Superwide f1.8 plus 12 Volt control box.

3 x CCTV cameras 1/3" CCD but only one power supply control box 240 Volts ( i have routed all 3 cameras through a distribution box so you can switch power to the one you want to use, but only one at a time) 12mm lenses. resolution not specified but around 300 lines. 16cm long x 6cm deep x 8cm wide

1 x CCTV 1/3" CCD directly powered from 12 Volt supply very usefull 4.5mm lens.. 480 lines resolution. 16cm long x 6cm deep x 8cm wide.

1 Mini DV cam with Video in socket.

2 x clamps ideal for roll bar.

1 x 12 Volt to 240 Volt inverter.

A big bag.

Before use in the hostile enviroment of the slipstreem i will need some form of lens protection, 1 camera takes 38mm UV filter but the lipstick cam has no protection. the other 3 cameras need UV filters gaffer taped to them.

You can monitor through the Mini DV cam and use the distribution box to switch between cameras, with more than one Mini DV camera you could record simultaneously.

I am now working on the audio and have found some radio mics, some boundry mics that may sit well in the passenger side out of the wind, some good camera mics and i have 2 Mini Minx mixers of my own although to be honest i would shelter the mics from the wind and let the camera auto settings do the rest.

I hope to have a workable system in a bag by the time the good weather comes along and as my car is not on the road yet may need to use someone and there car as a development vehicle.

Just been scouring the equipment store and have found...

Panasonic Lipstick cam, colour 1/2" CCD 512 x 582 pixels 330 lines resolution, 3 lenses...7mm pinhole f2.8....7.5mm standard f1.4....3mm Superwide f1.8 plus 12 Volt control box.

3 x CCTV cameras 1/3" CCD but only one power supply control box 240 Volts ( i have routed all 3 cameras through a distribution box so you can switch power to the one you want to use, but only one at a time) 12mm lenses. resolution not specified but around 300 lines. 16cm long x 6cm deep x 8cm wide

1 x CCTV 1/3" CCD directly powered from 12 Volt supply very usefull 4.5mm lens.. 480 lines resolution. 16cm long x 6cm deep x 8cm wide.

1 Mini DV cam with Video in socket.

2 x clamps ideal for roll bar.

1 x 12 Volt to 240 Volt inverter.

A big bag.

Before use in the hostile enviroment of the slipstreem i will need some form of lens protection, 1 camera takes 38mm UV filter but the lipstick cam has no protection. the other 3 cameras need UV filters gaffer taped to them.

You can monitor through the Mini DV cam and use the distribution box to switch between cameras, with more than one Mini DV camera you could record simultaneously.

I am now working on the audio and have found some radio mics, some boundry mics that may sit well in the passenger side out of the wind, some good camera mics and i have 2 Mini Minx mixers of my own although to be honest i would shelter the mics from the wind and let the camera auto settings do the rest.

I hope to have a workable system in a bag by the time the good weather comes along and as my car is not on the road yet may need to use someone and there car as a development vehicle.

havent got a clue what all that means but "i want that one" :blink: :D

Guest docter fox

I'd be up the this! previously I've just attached mini dv cams to the car, but I've been looking at higher spec dv cams with video n sound input, I'm doing a lot of karting with the uni aswell so a bullet cam on the helmet would be good.

stu, what sort of price were you looking at?