Vital Spark?

Guest johnboymac

Guest johnboymac

with thanks too many on these boards I have recently managed to solve a fuel pump problem by putting in a new relay. now the pump comes on when expected and shuts down again. However the engine still wont start. On removing a spark plug I am not getting any spark, and ideas as to what I should check next?

its a 2l efi.

cheers, john

Guest johnboymac

Hi guys,

just back at work after a monday holiday so thought I should update you.

I had a mechanic friend round at the weekend, he took a look but couldnt find anything obvious apart from a bent pin on the distributor sensor connector, so had suggested an autospark should take a look to check continuity of all wires. We had taken out spark plugs and connectors etc so I decided to put them all back together and gave the key one last turn in despair.... It started, whoo hoo, in my shock I let the engine cut out. I gave it another couple of goes to confirm that it wasnt a fluke. All seems fine (noisy) but decided not to push it too long since there is no water in the engine as yet.

Thanks for all comments as always.

John