Bush Changing Time

Guest jasonmorris

Many companies buy their polybushes from Rally Design and resell them. They do get a discount but they will still charge you more than going direct.

When I was looking for the trailing arm ones I was offered the same brand as Rally Design do from several other big name companies for twice what Rally Design charge. I have since found out that most of them were buying from Rally Design.

Needless to say I bought from Rally Design and I am very happy with the results. 2B number one has had poly bushes at the front for 4,000 miles or so and they show no signs of wear.

I think I paid about £45 for the set. of 4 trailing arm bushes. I took out the big old subframe to body bushes and welded a bit of 4mm steel plate over the hole and then bolted that direct to the chassis.

Guest jasonmorris

Thanks for the advice guys, still a little unsure whether to drop the whole rear end or create an access hole through the bodywork.

I think I am edging towards chopping the bolt and the access hole method due to the fact that removing the outer joint mounting bracket is also proving difficult.

Is this bolt a standard item, or is it a Ford item?

Jason

Guest old_timbo

It's an approx. 140mm long high tensile bolt which is only threaded on the last 20mm or so, thus giving a longer than usual unthreaded section that is the correct length for inside the bush.

Guest jasonmorris

Can these be obtained from normal motor spares outlets or are they a special part?

Also will I need the bolts for the inner bushes or am I ok to re-use the ones that are already in?

Jason