Proof Of Suitability!

Guest nik4chef

Guest nik4chef

After my first SVA there are a number of items inspector wants proof of suitability evidence for.

I mentioned in previous post about proof the Focus column collapses at drivers/steering wheel end! I'm gonna have to buy a new boss! (And new indicator repeaters)

Anyway he also wants proof that all the rubber pipes that come off the fuel tank ( two have to be blocked off as stoppers + fuel fillerpipe) are ok. (Filler rubber pipe as supplied by R Hood absolutely u/s -is a steering column gaiter I reckon!)

Would just the invoice/bill (mostly hand written) from supplying shops suffice?

I'm having to spend more dosh on things that Robin Hood supplied in the kit that are totally unsuitable for purpose!

Anyway - any guidance appreciated................Stan

hi

re the steering colum a letter to ford tech may give the required answer,

re the pipes i junked all mine and sought pipes that were marked for purpose,

ie fuel or petrol printed on then .

regards graham

Guest chris brown
Pipes have to be marked as being suitable for fuel on the pipe or you need to get a certification from the manufacturer I think.

Dan :)

Correct for all flexible fuel pipes. But semi ridged, copper (usually 8mm) doesn’t have to be marked. Also if using fuel injection it has to be marked as suitable (I think it is rated 12 bar) so even if you are just using a short link piece make sure it is marked up even if this means you have to waste some pipe but it is marked every few inches and all motor factors stock it.

Guest micky bigthumbs

Enforcer had the same probs so did Three A i think it was resolved with faxes from RH and a letter from richard/enforcer.. pm him or check previous threads