Rear Suspension Mounts

Guest no1carmaddad

Guest no1carmaddad

I have changed from standard sierra suspension to coil overs, and was wondering how much to cut off the chassis to close the gap between wheel and wheel arch. Bought the car nearly complete and had no video. Any help gratefully recieved. simon. ;)

I can only presume you mean the roll over tube when you say cut the chassis.

Measure the distance from wheel to arch with car at full weight ie driver and passenger , allow for compression under load , then look at the ground clearance which is the important measurment.

If the arches are too far off the wheel and the ground clearance is fine then maybe moving the arches would be a better option. If not and you have to ''cut '' the chassis then cut the exess ie the bit of the gap you dont want from the tube but allow for compression remember.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stephen Robertson

Hi Guys

I am at the stage of fitting rear subframe , i have noted that on the Videos when fitting rear coilovers to cut the ends off the roll bar . IS this right ?

If so should i do it now or wait till further on in the build

2b S/Steel

Cheers Stephen

post-3-1065282504.jpg

Stephen

IMPORTANT wait wait wait :(

You can only cut once so it must be right :huh: If I were you I would wait until you have driven the car!

If the height is ridiculously, then cut a small bit off now and then wait until the car is on the road.

Dave