Dizzy Wiring

itllbedonesoon

Morning (or evening in Oz) thanks for spending the time to go through all this Nigel.

I did have the dizzy to coil -ve & VG Bk/White. Then coil +ve to VG white.

I have got battery to Block/bellhousing, Battery to Chassis, Bellhousing to Chassis & Block to Chassis.

Looking at the ignition switch, it was ok when i drove the Sierra home, but that was a long time ago now. I have:

VG R/W to Ford Bk/Bl to ignition terminal 50

VG Br to Ford Red to terminal 30

VG White to Ford Bk/Y to 15

VG not used to Ford Yellow (was soldered over the terminal number)

Ford not used Terminal 'P'

I will check for constant power terminal etc and see how that goes. The carrot of hope is still within reach...

Tune in next time, same place, same time for the the next installment of ' how to wire a car from the other side of the world!'

Cheers

Success!!! well almost. I had to swap the VG connections round a bit and have now got the constant on 15, at 1 yellow does nothing. At 2 all are live, the starter kicks in at 3. yeh!!!! :yahoo: (i am not to worried about the yellow, ill worry about that post SVA and if i think about putting a radio in)

The engine didn't start though, bit it is making nosies. once more into the breach and all that!!

Cheers all :good: