Fuel Pipes

Guest DROID

Hi,

I'm at the stage of fitting the fuel lines through the tunnel and I've tried the maxamise the distance between the fuel pipes and the wiring loom, but I'm not sure the best way to route them into the boot area. If i use the the same entry point as the wiring loom there is no real seperation, can anybody tell me the best way to complete this job??

Thanks....Andy

P.S. what is the correct size of drill bit for 3.2mm pop rivets?

Why do you want separation? I have none - they are right next to each other. It's not an SVA requirement. On the safety front I really can't see that it's an issue. You could soak your wiring in petrol and still not have a fire without a source of ignition. What are the chances of a damaged wire, being in a position to arc to the chassis, whilst being soaked in fuel from a damaged fuel line, in a position where nothing from the road can fly up anywhere near it?

P.S. what is the correct size of drill bit for 3.2mm pop rivets?

3.2mm is the diameter of the shank, hence a hole of 3.2 will be a nice snug fit and is the best to use. In practice you'll get away with up to 3.5mm though. Most of my 3.2 rivets are in 3.5mm holes, though more recently I did start drilling 3.2mm holes. The switch to 3.2mm was because I found someone who sells 1/10th mm drill bit sizes for the same price as 0.5mm sizes. Up until then buying 3.5mm drills was about half the price of a 3.2mm at the place I first went to.

Ant

As long as they're not toching eachother and are not fixed together then you should be okay. I've heard of a failure cos fuel lines were cable tied to wiring, but then it passed when the cable tie was cut.

I use a 3.5mm drill bit for 3.2mm pop rivits