Le Mans Details And Booking Form

Guest mickmellors

Guest mickmellors

After a lot of help from previous travellers to Le Mans, especially Stuart Hart, Jim Stott and Graham Holdway to who I owe a big thank you, I have put together a HUGE pile of info about next years trip to Le Mans. It is attached to this post - please download it, print it off and send the Booking form in as soon as possible. If you have any queries contact me at mick@rhocar.org but dont delay sending your form off.

I'm sorry that it has taken longer than I anticipated but I wanted the info to be as complete and as accurate as possible to avoid confusion.

Bookings are accepted on a first come first served basis and MUST be accompanied by payment please.

Thanks for your patience - NOW GET BOOKING !

Looking forward to a GREAT trip !

Mick M

LeMans.doc

Guest mickmellors

Race tickets are NOT included but are easily available at the gates. It doesnt get sold out and there are no mile long queues. Just turn up and pay - I believe it is in the order of £25-30 (I will check) for the whole thing from practices through to race days.

Guest mickmellors

UPDATE - 02 October 2003

At this moment, 27 of the 50 camping permits have GONE in the first week of info being posted. Looks like we are in line for yet another success. Thank You to all who have already booked.

If you are planning on going to Le Mans with us download the info, print off the booking form and send it off QUICK before the remaining 23 permits are gone.

Please note the £30 camping permit is PER CAR and not per person - cheap isnt it !

If you sent your £30 before the booking form was available as a download, please be kind enough to download it now and send it in to me 'for our records'.

Guest mickmellors

I will be posting details of Ferry company telephone numbers over the weekend as soon as I have them all - please keeep an eye out for the update.

So far, since I posted the le Mans info last week 137 of you have viewed it but there have only been 65 downloads of the info and booking form. I have so far received 29 bookings against 50 places so there must be a lot of you still trying to make your mind up whether or not to go.

Well, if you need a push - you wont find Camping permits cheaper than £30 from RHOCaR and without them dont bother trying to get to LeMans. Our 50 permits for 2004 were booked well before the 2003 race and there are no more to be had. If you want to go and witness this legendary motor racing event, this is probably your only chance.

I've just been looking at ferry prices for the hoverspeed crossings, they haven't posted the 'cheaper' ones yet for the time of year, so I've phoned them, we're to expect the 'cheaper' prices being available within the next couple of weeks. So i'm hanging on a bit before I book the ferry.

post-2-1065807627.gif

Guest mickmellors

For all who are going to LeMans with RHOCaR in June 2004 - Don’t forget you have to book your own Channel Crossings.

If you are planning to travel in small convoys you need to co-ordinate plans and get booking as soon as possible. Good prices are being offered if you book now, so shop around and let us all know where the bargains are.

Update 13.10.03

Here is a list of Channel Tunnel and Ferry Company Telephone Numbers. Please note I got these numbers ‘second hand’ from a colleagues wall chart map and have not checked any of them are correct. If you find any that are wrong, please let me know the correct number and I will amend accordingly. Similarly if you know any others please let me know them also.

Le Shuttle 0870 53 53 53 5

British Channel Island Ferries 01305 761 551

Brittany Ferries 0870 536 0360

Hoverspeed Dover 01304 865 000

P&O StenaLine 0870 598 0980

Sally Line 0870 5595 522 and 0870 5595 566

Sealink StenaLine 01233 647047

I also have a colour picture of the circuit layout as a jpg file if anyone would like a copy please e-mail me direct at mick@rhocar.org ( NOT through this website please )and I will reply ASAP with picture. The file size is too large to post here and if I doctor the file size down the detail is lost.

Thanks.

Mick M

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mickmellors

Talk about selling like Hot Cakes !

I have now got just 12 (twelve) spots remaining :o for the RHOCaR LeMans 2004 Trip B) .

Don't forget it is first come, first served and when they are gone they are GONE ! :boohoo:

If the Trip is over subscribed, I will keep any unsuccessful applications :boohoo: in the order they are received as a reserve list, and rest assured you will be contacted if places come available later.

Mick M