Bonnet Catch

Guest Radical

Guest Radical

We have got our car on the road now , but are only using 4 of the rubber bonnet catches , how do we get the sierra bonnet catch to work , and do we need it if we only fit the screen but no roof . We have tried various locations for the catch but none that we are happy with?

[hi

i have a sliding piller 2b and the vids show ish what to do

as i remember you need a peice of 3/4 in angle iron and shape it to fit between the two bottom bonnett returns and across the under side of the bonnett

drill and fix a u bolt and then fabricate a support for the catch .

i took out the grill and sorted it through the front

its a bit tight a space to work in but it is do able welded a support across the top tubes and fitted the catch.

do a search there should be some pictures ,

regards graham

i take it that it has a gator bonnett

the additional rubber catches are a must

as a gator bonnett appearing to rise whilt on a run will terify you damage you and a pasanger several instances of this have been reported and can poss be sorced with a search .

Guest Dan_Beeston

There are many different ways of doing it, no two hoods are the same!

Best bet is to fill in your location on your profile & you will probably find there is a local car you can have a nose at, a picture paints a thousand words and all that! :)

if you have the four sva rubber catches this is ok for sva you dont need the sierra one as well. depending on what radiator you have gone with its difficult to fit anyway. Mine only has the four rubber catches and they perform fine.

There have been a couple of incidents where the bonnet has flipped open and when this happens its a real problem. If you go with the four catches only a quick release tether is a good idea.

phil

• 2 weeks later...