Rover Ecu

Guest allenr03

Guest allenr03

I am becoming a little bit concerned by my ECU. The car engine runs fine but it idles at around 1500rpm which seems very high. It also seems to leave a bit of soot on my garage floor when its run for a while. Having done a bit of investigation I think I could have an issue with either the ECU or the lambda sensor.

I am bidding on a couple of ECU's to try and get a spare in any case and I have the imobiliser box of tricks from Avon Diagnostics so swapping for an ecu that isn't decoded shouldn't be a problem (famous last words!)

Is it worth swapping the lambda sensor for a Rover version (I think the one supplied is a Ford fitting) or doesn't it make much difference?

TIA

Rich

PS See you all at Stoneleigh tomorrow!! :D

I just found a forum which had an article talking about a throttle switch that the MEMS ecu uses to know when it should let the engine idle or something like that. There are two wires that are part of the engine loom and are located sort of under the throttle housing that aren't connected to anything. Do you think these should be connected to a switch that is activated by the throttle?? Any other Super Specers got this switch installed??

Guest Dredd

If yoiu are coming to Stoneleigh tomorrow, look out for me and you can have a look at the wiring on mine. Be careful if you are bidding on ECU's - make sure they are the correct model number. Also, if you are using a RH ECU now, you will newed a imobiliser by pass to use a standard ECU. I have one on mine and can supply details. The one I have at the moment is a MKC101910

This Link will take you to a list of Rover ECUs and their application. It would appear that the T series engines are from either the 820 or 220. The differenc eis in the sump depth; i.e. 4" for 220 and 5" for 820.

I Rich

I had to replace the Ford Lambda for the Rover. The emissions were off the chart (1.32). As soon as I put the "proper" part in I got 1.007 reading.

Sourced from a local Motor Factor NGK/NTK part no: 0ZA527-E9

regards

e

Guest allenr03

I think I'm going to book myself an MOT even though it doesn't strictly need it. I can get emmisions tested, wheels balanced, tracking/alignment done and headlight alignment sorted.

Oh, and I'll be able to have a rid eout in it :-) Shame the only garage I trust is about 10 miles away!!

Rich