6mm Rivets

E.Hunt

Hi everybody

been away lately with work, and then had to re-landscape the back garden with the good weather (couldn't wait for the rain so I could get back into the garage :D )

All the stengthing has used up my long 6mm rivets anybody know where I can get some more?

hi colin

i have an account with barco who make the rivetts.

i have a couple of boxes here if you want some .

how many do you think you require ?

i will have to check what the cost was when purchaced .

could poss place an order and have sent to you.

ring me if you dont get any locally.

regards graham

or ring barco and see who your local supplier is

Guest ScotMac

Hi Colin,

Not to upstage Graham's very nice offer, but...

I switched to Marson Klik-fast rivets, since they are much stronger (much bigger flange, w/ MUCH bigger anodized steel mandrel). It appears you might also be able to get them in the uk...here is a site:

http://astore.getauto.co.uk/allbooks00-20/...3416883-0259806

Or, if that doesn't work, try a search for them. I am using the AB8-6, stock number 42383.

-Scot

hi colin

send me your address and i will post you the rivets.

just send me what you think as beer vouchers.

exactly 100 required?

regards cgraham

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ad_W2001

graham,

do Barco have a website? i cant find one so far. Also, on another thread its mentioned that they should be sealed, but if my eyes dont decieve me, the ones we were supplied with wern't sealed. Is this because we dont use a sealed tubular chassis, and therefore dont need to worry about getting sealed ones. They are hard to come by in 6mm dia. Cheers.

Adam

(thx for the cd too, it arrived yesterday and my mum is forwarding it to me at uni and i will have a look over it when it arrives, hopefully tomorrow)

Edit: found this site http://www.toolfastdirect.co.uk/acatalog/A...ind_Rivets.html which may provide a solution to our restocking needs

Edited by Ad_W2001

hi

yea my mistake bralo not barco.

as far as i know they will sell direct but have a min order .

if any of the lightweight builders want to i can order and distribute as required ,

i however dont want to order a large ammount and get stuck with them.

so if you do want them let me know how many boxes and i will sort it out.

regards graham

ps unless collected from here postage will have to be added to purchace cost

Guest Ad_W2001

i might get in contact graham, though i'll look around to see if i can order separately to save you a load of hassle. This is going to sound amateur but it cant be helped, what are the exact sizes of the largest rivets we got given in the kit? Were the 6mm dia and a 12mm length, with 6-8mm grip range. With a quantity of about 500? Tthe ones that came in a large green box. well mine did at least! and im sure they were made by Sariv or something similar... I only ask this as i dont have access to my box back at home as im at uni for another week.

From what i can identify, this is the correct one we've been using so far COD. 01010 00 6012

Adam

Edited by Ad_W2001

hi adam

re the rivets

they are bralo 6x12 ref 01010006012

i bought 3000 and i cant find the invoice but the cost delevered was about £70

address is

bralo

leabrook road

wednesbury

west midlands

ws10 7nb

e mail bralouk@bralo..net

web site www.bralo.com]

regards graham

Guest Ad_W2001

I placed an order today, which was quite amusing really. Not being a account holder or business confused the poor bloke on the phone. Then when i tried to pay by card they couldnt accept it, then i couldnt find my cheque-book so i phoned back to sort out a bank transfer. Then called back again to leave my details, he wanted them faxed through but being a student, i've spent any money that could have gone on a fax machine on booze etc!!! poor chap only tried to do his job like everyday but i like to think i made his job that little bit more interesting :) and i'll have my rivets by monday! lovely stuff

btw, it was about £30 for 1000 of em, and delivery to my house which wasnt too bad i dont htink

Edited by Ad_W2001