Look What The Fairies Left In My Garden

Guest keith12

Guest keith12

Woke up this morning and found this in my garden!!!!!!!!

Pleased to have it back, Thanks to Richard And the lads at GBS for their Good work and effort even though it was a little late, as said in an earlier post now its back you tend to forget all that and get back to enjoying it. So thanks.

Keith

show.jpgDSC00066.jpg

Guest keith12

Yes drove it back from Mansfied to Birmingham last night Approx 70 miles on the motorway Feels a lot better and more responsive, just need to adjust the rears a bit as they bottom out a bit on tight corners.

Richard had no problem with this but I am slightly more portly (fatter) than he his.

So all in all a vast improvement on the sliding pillocks.

Guest keith12
How much wider at the front is it now?

It looks to be a lot!

Seems about 3/4 of a wheel, they are in line with the rears now.

Just got back in from an hours drive and the difference on handling cornering and feel is amazing even the turning circle as improved, but i need to heighten them as there are to many high speed bumps by me and the car scraped most of them and that was at about 1MPH.

If those with sliding pillocks are toying with the idea of upgrading to wishbones I would certainly recommend it, also GBS do not use pillocks now more so spares are rare.

Guest keith12

Tried to purchase a c spanner to adjust the rear coil over springs as i was never given one,

but could not get one any ware, so it came down to the large adjustable grips which did the trick so know I don't scrape the floor because as the springs settled it lowered the car even more and it was scraping even going over small dips in the road surface,

Guest keith12
Cut your own out of a 3mm or thicker mild steel plate. They don't take a lot of force to turn.

Dan :)

I have ordered one from Rally Design only £4.80 + vat + postage! Total £16. (fleeced again)

Grips were OK for the rears as you cant see where they take the black paint off a bit , but on the fronts i would prefer the real Mccoy,

Anyway i was never any good at metal work probably try to make one and it would come out looking like a name tag as that was the only thing i could make at school. I bet that brings back some school memories to a few people :D :D

Guest salty_monk

Sounds ideal... A name tag with a 52mm U shape cut in the front of it. :D You could have used a 5mm piece of Ally too, that would work & shouldn't mark.

Dan :)

Guest shaggy

Re sliding pillars comment, I upgraded my front springs (which I think were 9 inch 40lb) to 8 inch 300lb and it was like driving a different car. The handling was more positive, the front end no longer bounced about, and roundabouts are fantastic.

For anyone who has a pillock, and can't quite justify wishbones, for 50 or 60 quid, its well worth having a go

Si