Tragedy

Guest Tim Norman

Guest Ian & Carole
The Nottingham Crew will aim to leave Notts about 9:30 and head for?

Looks like the A1 some where before Scotch Corner. :girl_devil:

Tick our names please.

We will be there. :D :friends: :friends:

Just a long 109 miles up the A1 from Lincoln. :ph34r: in the :rhsc:

See you all tonight come rain or shine :mellow: :good: :good: :drinks: :drinks:

Ian & Carole

Edited by Ian & Carole
Stupid hubby can't spell

Well what a burger, we have enjoyed this run for the last couple of years.

Only takes a few idiots to spoil the fun for many, dont blame the landlord, seems the only way out for him.

Good suggestion Bazwaz.

We will be at the Service Station for a 09:30 departure on 4th August.

Hope we will have some company, its a long run on your own.

Bedale for lunch about 12:30- 13:00 sounds good. If you can let us know where, dont know that area at all.

Room is booked "NO CAMPING" is still the house rule.

Lion Run

Thank heavens it's still on. It's my 53 birthday :D

What about Dent? It's a great campsite with showers etc. and next to a village with two good pubs a cafe and easy access to some great roads. Should be plenty of B & B's too. A lot more Hoody friendly if the weather is crap.

OK OK :D Huge back room where they will probably have a rock band on. They opened it up when we went at Easter. Good fun road down to Hawes over Buttertubs Pass.

Guest Tim Norman

I've pedalled past the pub on my way to Keld Youth Hostel way back in the dim and distant 70's. Seem to remember it was a very long hill :wacko:

Guest Ian Marr

Tim/Nottingham folks ...

Any more thoughts on your run up?

Good stop off for lunch could be Black Sheep Brewery at Masham (but may need to book tables if something is on in town ... I can find out if interested) ... brewery tours also 'on tap' - choice of two breweries (at a cost nowadays ... long gone are the days of a free long tour or short tour ... long was guided, loads of info and a pint at the end ... short was no guide, pointed to beer n glass with a friendly "help yourself!" ... despite being brought up in Masham I still know nought about how beer is made!) . If not Masham could be a good stop on the Sunday run ... massive market place with loads of room to park the cars in style!

Whatever you decide let me know and we will try and meet up for lunch anyway.

Tan Hill is a fab place by the way .... last heard they had rescued a lamb and had it running around the pub/warming by the fire (although not hot enough for lamb chops!). Been camping before and if you pick your pitch right you get a hole just out side your tent ..perfect for a cool overnight store for a bottle off 'dog' (Newcastle Brown) ... best known hangover cure. But be warned, we went camping once and the pull of the bar meant we did not try to put up the tent until after closing (about 3am I think) ... the ground was so frozen we could not get the pegs in and had to sleep in the car.

If you end up taking the road up to Tan Hill from Reeth ... look out for the hump back bridge ... great fun if you like a bit of 'air' but not for the faint of heart! :D

Ian