Flaires In Your Pipes?

Guest Phil Slater

Guest Phil Slater

Has anyone whose using the injection pinto done anything about putting a flair in/on the ends of their metal fuel lines?

Whilst speaking to someone at a local hose suppliers he reckoned that without a flair, when the system got up to pressure, it would force the flexy hose off, even though it is clamped on with a hose clip.

Now whils not arguing with the principle, it's probably a very sensible precaution, it's just that I can't recall anyone in their build diaries mentioning putting a flair in their pipes. Oh............................ and having permanently fitted my pipes it's going to be a little awkward putting a flair into them now :wacko:

Has anyone done this? Has anyone not done this and had problems once up and running?

Phil Slater

I flared my pipes (for [eventual] EFi use) - just used my multi-purpose £14 flaring kit to do so. I used 8mm copper pipes, with stainless overbraided flexis at the ends.

Can't tell you how they react to pressure, as just now, I could only blow down them to pressure test them... <_<

F.

Guest Fred2b

Phil

I have not flarred my pipes either. The car is ready and booked in for SVA 24th October so I have had it running for over an hour in the garage at different speeds. I have not noticed any movement. Try putting two clips per join, it should be ok.

Regards

Fred