Fitting Engine

Guest Stephen Robertson

Guest Stephen Robertson

Hi Guys

I am doing some work on engine ,ie sump is getting shortend and i have just order a new clutch kit .Donor drove well had 80K on clock but had a towbar fitted. So i though that while engine was out anyway a new clutch would be in order, no problems so far.

My question is would it be easier to fit gear box into 2b and then fit engine , or would it be easier to fit gearbox to engine and fit the whole thing as per video.

Looking forward to your opinions

Stephen

Stephen

It would be easier to bolt them togther then put in as a single unit...

This is because there is little room to use spanners around the bell-housing once in the car...

Dave :)

Guest Stephen Robertson

Thanks guys

When I get sump back and clutch arrives I will bolt back together and it should be ready to fit .

I Had a trial fit of gear box while it is seperate to see if it would clear the chassis mounting. I have had to trim the chassis back as per pictures on bill & joeys web site (thanks)

My next question is looking at the flywheel (clutch removed ) it has a slight ripple to the face , would i be best to have this machined before fitting new clutch or does it not really matter

Thanks Agian

Stephen

Guest MikeD318

I would imagine that slight ripple=shaky pull aways and probably premature clutch wear. Get it machined while it's out of the car, you'll only be kicking yourself when you have to remove it at a later date (especially if it's on the road and you could be out driving it :gdit: )

Make sure whoever you get to machine it knows what they are doing though.

Mike.