Dashboard

Guest FIRSTBUILD

Guest FIRSTBUILD

Hi is it normal to have to cut a "mousehole" in the dash panel to fit it over the steering coloumn? also is it best to trim the edge of that sits on the tunnel or trim it all the way around the top ?? it seems miles to big but I am reluctant to jump in with my gilboooos !

thanks Steve Hall

Guest Battery Bill

Steve

If we were to fit RH dashboard we would have to cut out more than a Mousehole, Something like a "Channel Tunnel" .

We have put our steering wheel a lot higher than most but I'm sure there is quite a chunk to cut out even if you have the wheel on your lap as per RH.

:mellow:

I put the dashbord on the car and set it high so that it clears the stearing shaft, this gives lots of room for legs. I had to make sure that the clocks still fited, I cut some of the top off them and they just toche the top tube.

I mounted the dash with just two screws. I then drew a line round the overhanging bit round the top, took the dash off and trimed it to size. I then put it on and drilled lots of holes and riveted it.

I then coverd it in the cloth. I screwd the clocks in at the bottom and made a small bracket attached to the top tube to hold the top.

I hope this helps.

18.jpg

Guest timswait

Fit the bonnet before you trim the dashboard. I trimed the top of my dash to match the tube which goes along the top, but then when I fitted the bonnet I found there was a gap between the top of the dash and the bonnet, which I then had to fill with a rubber trim strip. As with most bits on a hood the dash probably will need chopping, hacking, and bashing with a meaty hammer, but I'd recomend getting as much in around it first.