Mclaren Guilty!

Guest Takumi

Guest allenr03

And of the $100m dollars hakf of it represents the points they have scored so far this seanson so they'll "only" have to pay $50m!!

I think it's a harsh penalty though. I don't like Ferarri anymore, they are without doubt the most corrupt team in F1 they just keep getting away with it! I doubt there is a car on the gris that doesn't contain ideas ripped off from another team.

Rich

Guest timswait

And whenever an F1 team employs someone who used to work at a rival team thay have access to everything they know about what their rival was doing. So if Nigel Stepney had been able to remember the contents of the file instead of bringing a paper copy to McLaren it would presumably all be OK.

Guest robinj66

Quite interesting and revealing when you read the whole judgment.

Here's what s. 151 ISC includes :- " c) Any fraudulent conduct or any act prejudicial to the interests of any competition or to the interests of motor sport generally."

Clearly Mclaren are in breach of this regulation - the only real issue is whether the punishment fits the crime

This is gonna run & run :rolleyes:

Guest crimewade

i used to work at a factory in woking which shared the site with mclaren, it was all glass to the rear, the whole park used to watch the carbon fibre machines weave thier magic, even the laboritories on the side of the building where clear glass, the second unit behind them was more secretive where they built the road going mclaren, not a single window there, then there was tyrells in the woods round the corner in ockham, not even a fence round the place,and the side and rear of the place littered with nose cones halve shells and christ knows what goodies where in the skips... if only i knew then what i know now, could of hoodenised a few bits im sure. that was only seven years ago, before mclaren starting building a new site underground on one of the commons outside of woking, never got to see that site as we moved before they did, still , it was all there to watch at most stages of construction on both sites for anybody that had an intrest, no need to james bond it at all. if your in the game your going to look, its hardly as if theyve given away the secret ingredients of kfc, i think the fine was harsh and in any sport an even playing field is in the favour of the spectator.