Another Superspec 1st?

Guest Dredd

The down side to being first acrosas the line with the SVA 3 years ago is that I am also first to meet the MOT tester, which I did today.

Unfortunately, the car failed on emissions. The engine is running too rich and the only way to change that, is to do it on the software through the ECU.

I'm thinking that as I had to change the original ECU as the Robin Hood modified one dies, the replacement may have been from a different model car, as these engine went into at least 3 different Rovers, therefore the map may be out.

Anyway, booked into the garage to have the diagnositic test on Friday, so fingers crossed.

Also, for SS owners. After 6600 miles I have found the gearbox remote change mechanism has become loose. The fixing bolts are tight, but the tube extension which locates on a bolt head on the gearbox has clearly flared and allows a degree or too of vertical movement. I have fixed a bracket on top of the selector case, using an existing bolt and screwed the bracket to the chassis rail. Feel very solid now.

I am also a bit worried about my first test - it is due next June. I think I might have problems with the lambda reading being too high (or is it low). I only just got through SVA with this.

If I have fully understood your gearbox selector mod modification you have effectively bolted the gearbox to the chassis rail. I think that this might cause some problems when running as the gearbox moves quite a bit relative to the chassis. If you bolt them up solid you try to stop this movement and something has to give!

I'm not sure. My gearbox was moving far enough so that it hit the stainless tunnel cover on fast right hand corners. There was a gap of about 3mm when stationery. You could try running the car on the road with the tunnel cover removed and your passenger could see how far your gearbox moves. I would unbolt your brace from one end before doing this. I think the big problem is when you make quick get aways.