About To Buy A Zero

Guest Steve M

I'm tempted to put off buying a new locost chassis (I probably will...come to think of it..), and wait to save a few more pounds to put towards a Zero7! looks a very promising kit..

tak

Guest zoomzoom

We have just been told our kit is almost ready to be collected :D , just waiting on the GRP to be finished.

Spencer has put off hibernation to be ready to collect it. ;)

hi marcus

glad to see you and the bears are back. when do you collect the 07?

hows the new tyre buisness?

are you going to document the build?

all the best with it graham

Guest zoomzoom

Hi

Hopefully will pick up the kit at the end of the month,

and will carry on with the web blog.

Business is going great, my first day off in 6 months was the donnington show and

couldn't resist the zero, just have to work out how to fit a tyre changing machine in it . :D

Have a garage at my mums house to use now so will build it there.

Marcus

Guest DarrylWebb

I've built several kitcars over the years (not Robin Hoods), many of which were bought as unfinished projects. These were bought at rather less than the cost of the parts to the original owner, and even when finished, I STILL lost money on them. I don't believe there's any money to be made in buying and building to sell soon afterwards, not even to break even. And I think that the more whizz-bang bits you add, the more you'll lose.

Like you, I think, I've built my kits for a hobby and a challenge, and I find the best plan is to buy a unfinished project that includes as many of the parts required as necessary, and try to keep it as standard as possible. If anything, an unfinished Robin Hood probably falls into that category better than most kits.

As somebody else said, I'm not trying to be negative, but I've lost thousands of pounds on cars over the years. Don't go down that route if you're saving for something else.

Not unless of course you go the whole hog and make a name for yourself like Boyd Coddington, where your name as a builder is enough to command premium prices 8-).

hi

but in reality i dont think we build these cars to make money.

we build them to prove to ourselves that we can, and our piers.

we enjoy the challenge.

the camararadry of this site is also a point worth mention.

to engage in building a rh car to try to make either profit or ,even you expenses back is a worthless excercise

but we dont build them for this purpose .

to build a cateringvan or westringfield is easy 7 days of labour ,with no thought..

no challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!

a robin hood of any type is a challenge.

the bits dont fit as described and the instructions are a joke .

but it makes us what we are . make mend and addapt= hoddies.

regards graham