Windscreen Surround

Guest a8dyc

Hi,

On my very long list of jobs over the cold winter months i intend to find my self some more space in the S7 for my 6'5" bod.Along with this i would like to raise the windscreen slightly so its not in the line of sight.My idea is to buy a new surround slightly taller than i have and replace the screen with a new larger one to match.Where can i get hold of a screen surround that is already shaped but needs cutting to desired height?Screen should not be a problem.Is there any other problems that you think i may come across?

Cheers Andy

Guest chris brown

Lolocost or whatever GBS call it now do the screen surround in straight lengths which is not hard to shape yourself just make up a dummy screen out of ply and work it around it.

Hi,

Thanks for your replys,on this subject has anybody ever fitted a curved screen.I have a riley elf screen that looks about the right size.

What do you think!!

Andy

Guest chris brown
Hi,

Thanks for your replys,on this subject has anybody ever fitted a curved screen.I have a riley elf screen that looks about the right size.

What do you think!!

Andy

I think it would be a great improvement but may be difficult to make the surround but as you already have the screen then I would think it is well worth a try and in any case it would be a great talking point and you would certainly be putting your mark on the car.

Guest timswait

I've thought about a curved screen, but always thought that it seemed too much effort, would be very nice though, good luck with it if you go for it, you'll probably get a slight aerodynamic improvement too, and maybe less buffeting when you drive without sidescreens.

Are Riley Elfs the same as minis?

Hi, as Ian said, I've got a taller screen. (65mm taller) I spoke to Richard at GBS on saturday, and he said that the windscreen surround was about £40. I just drew around my standard glass, then extended by 65mm, and got a local glass company to cut my new screen in 6.4mm laminate. I am thinking about getting longer screen pillars to match.

Nick

post-1235-1193073030_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I think i will definitely be doing one or the other,making mine bigger seems the easy option.When i have some spare cash i may have a go at the curved screen.I think its the same as the mini looks like it.When you bend the surround will it just bend round a timber jig without splitting,by hand.

Andy