Hand Brake

Guest nippykev

Guest nippykev

I will cut the hand brake cable in half. Cut,bend and weld a length of 2" angle to match the chassis hoop that the diff mounts to. The 15mm ends of the cable will go through brackets at the end of the angle and the inner cables will pass around nylon pulleys mounted centrally above the diff and pass to threaded adjusters on a bracket attached to the handbrake lever.

Kevin

2b june 2003

Guest CHRIS.P

Why not just mount two bits of 25 x 25 angle from forward diff mounts and fix yuor hand brake cables to this it saves having to shorten cables and does go through sva as mine and one other car I know of already have

Cheers Chris

I will cut the hand brake cable in half. Cut,bend and weld a length of 2" angle to match the chassis hoop that the diff mounts to. The 15mm ends of the cable will go through brackets at the end of the angle and the inner cables will pass around nylon pulleys mounted centrally above the diff and pass to threaded adjusters on a bracket attached to the handbrake lever.

Kevin

2b june 2003

And there you have it - a perfect description of my handbrake set-up. Took me 3 goes to get to that solution, but I have no regrets. It works a treat.

My pulleys are aluminium with brass insert bushes, but that won't make much odds.

Oh and SVA - he said it was "elaborate but very good".

Ant

Guest nippykev

I have mounted the hand brake lever on top of the tunnel.

I could not run the cables under the floor pan as I have fitted a subframe under the floor that picks up all the seat mounts and inner belt mounts.

My pullies are 2"nylon with 2 ball races fitted in counterbores.

Kevin

2b june 2003