Fuel Injection

Guest FIRSTBUILD

Guest FIRSTBUILD

Hi I thought I might ask some of you with experience what you might think about a problem I have with my XR2i(1600 cvh 8 valve-)----- it runs really un evenly when you have small amount of throttle on - it sounds as if the fuel is cutting out and is "lumpy" until the throttle is open and the load is on the engine then it goes really well, the problem isnt there all the time only most of the time !

When my drives it resembles Schumachers launch control!!

Any idea where to start ? this is my first injection experience and my next will be with the subk that will be running one day

thank you Steve Hall

Guest Simon cooper

Hi Steve,

My initial thought is throttle potentiometer. If you let the engine run till warm, then from the engine end open the throttle very,very slowly, you will probably find that around 2,500 rpm, maybe a little lower that the engine is lumpy. this will always be at the same point on the throttle, ie 15% open. if you can re-create it like that then it is the throttle pot or as Ford call it a "Throttle Position Sensor". Get one from Lucas and not Ford.

Good luck

Simon